S3's Worst TV Setup Contest
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: S3's Worst Gaming Setup Contest (the "Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Simple Shelving Solutions, LLC, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Contest (collectively "Contest Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local and Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Simple Shelving Solutions, LLC, Inc. LLC ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The entry period begins at 12:30PM on March 1, 2011 and ends at 12:30PM EST on May 1, 2011 (the “Entry Period”) with the contest ending on June 1, 2011 (the "Contest Period").
5. Entry: During Entry Period, email a picture of your TV set up to [email protected] along with your contact information, phone and email address (the "Submission"). Submission will result in one (1) entry. Limit one (1) entry/submission per person. Submissions that do not include the required information listed above will be disqualified. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
Contest entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Once submitted, all entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void.
Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its discretion. Submissions must be 100% your original work, and must not contain any additional third party material or content (including but not limited to any company logos or trademarks, photographs, likenesses, film or video clips, music, or any other copyrighted or trademarked content) for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright or trademark rights holder. You grant to the Sponsor and its designees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote your image (including photographs and video), biographic information, and comments, (collectively, the "Submission") in connection with the Contest and such other products or services as the Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and/or any other purpose. In addition, the Sponsor shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your Submission for promotional purposes in broadcast, print and or other media as the Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion. You retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission to the degree permitted by law. You agree that the Sponsor owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Sponsor using or incorporating your Submission. You hereby grant to the Sponsor the right to edit any of your Submission, in whole or in part. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. Your Submission should not include the likeness of a third party, unless permission of said third party has been given, or contain elements not owned by you (including but not limited to trademarks or logos). By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Contest.
6. Judging: Approved submission will be added to the Simple Shelving Solutions, LLC Facebook page and the winner determined by the entry with the most number of “likes” for the worst tv set up photo. In the event of a tie, the submissions involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge according to the Judging Criteria. Decisions of judges in are final.
7. Requirements of the Potential Winner: Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected is a Potential Winner. Potential Winner is not a winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the entrant with the next highest score will be deemed the potential winner. Except where prohibited, Potential Winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, and an IRS W-9 form in order to claim his/her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. The winner must also agree to send Simple Shelving Solutions, LLC a picture of their new TV set up that includes the floating shelf.
8. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive their choice of a 36” or 48” floating shelf. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $150 to $170. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. Contest Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Simple Shelving Solutions Winner's List, ATTN: M. Vanderpool 6507 Field Ave Unit M, Whitehouse OH 43571. Requests must be received by June 15, 2011.